Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, our time travel is over and still so many songs to share. Again I want to mention LightmotifsII, A Unique Title to me, TeleportingWeena, My Rattled Cage and Janet’s Smile who are taking part and sharing so many beautiful songs. Thanks, fellow bloggers for making this event worthwhile! And if I missed someone, sorry. Please let me know and I add you 🙂 .
It is ironic that this morning’s “A Prompt A Day For Bee” mentions the musical “Rent” because one of its songs is what I’ve chosen for my queer song today. There is a word in German that is written similarly. It is “Quer” and means “wonky” or “crosswise” and I suspect that is what “being queer” means too: Being out of the ordinary, not following the rules or the norm.
However, I’ve always wondered what is the norm when it comes to love. Why is it such a problem if a man loves a man or if a person feels that she was born in the wrong gender? There is more under heaven and earth than we usually are willing to see or observe and I wish for a world where everybody is allowed to love as they please as long as all parties are able to consent and do consent. And surely if its love it is a good thing no matter who loves who?
The song I have chosen is “Seasons of Love” which I believe is one of the most beautiful and true love songs I have ever heard. Some years ago I was listening to it all the time but now I am more into Muse or Hozier 🙂 .
The beginning lines…
525,000 moments so dear
How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife
In 525,600 minutes
How do you measure a year in the life?
How about love? (source A-Z Lyrics)
…always get me because that is what life is about: it’s about sunsets, cups of coffee and love and not about minutes, gender stereotypes or business success. We forget that so often.
Love comes in so many forms and we should not be disregarding them just because we do not understand them. I like that Native American saying: “Never criticize a man until you’ve walked a mile in his moccasins.” And while I know I am rather fast in judging people who do not follow my political ideals I try to learn not to do that. People always have viable reasons why they believe in what they believe in and why they act how they act.
I am losing my train of thought here I think.
Life is short and love is often hard to come by so we better appreciate it in any form that is given to us than rejecting it because it doesn’t fulfil our standards. Am I preaching? Probably. Never mind. I felt like it today and I hope you forgive me. So here is the song:
video source: BroadwayWorldSongs via YouTube
video credit: Writer(s): PORTNOY MICHAEL S, MOORE KEVIN F, MYUNG JOHN RO, PETRUCCI JOHN
LOVE IS IN DA BLOG MUSIC PROMPT FOR FEBRUARY 19TH
I admit February might not be the most preferred month for getting married even though the 14th might lend itself for a good wedding. Still “love and marriage go together like a horse a carriage” as we heard many times through Frank Sinatra and the sitcom “Married… with Children” 😉 . So tomorrow we share our
Most favourite Wedding Song
and if you are not married use the one you would have love to have. (Why do I think of “Muriel’s Wedding” now???? 🙂 ) Please have fun no matter what!!!
And to remind ourselves how to take part:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 19” or #LoIsInDaBl19. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
- Find the prompt list for the whole month here in this introduction post at the end
share your favourite
and have lots of fun