Hello dear readers, how are you doing? I hope you are well and that great music is playing in your background. 🙂
Are you up for another month of love and music? I very much hope so as I have a wonderful list of prompts for the whole of February. In December I have asked for prompt suggestions and several bloggers were so kind as to help me out. Thank you very much to Barbara from Teleporting Weena, Di from Pensitivity101, Jim from A Unique Title for me and Paula from Light Motifs II for your great suggestions. I loved them all and that is why I have integrated all of your suggestions.
If you haven’t read their blogs, please head over to them and check great posts out. You can find brilliant posts about life, music, poetry and everything.
What is “Love Is In Da Blog” all about?
“Love is In Da Blog” is an annual February blog event here on “The Bee Writes…”. It started with a month of poetry, went over to some Stream of Consciousness posts and has now after several years evolved to a music blog event. I write a prompt post and you answer with a blog post (write your suggestion in a comment if you don’t have a blog) and link back to my post about that prompt. So, for example, the prompt post for February 1st is today. Tomorrow we all answer it with a post (or comment) about our ideas and then link back to my post tomorrow. This post will contain my answer first and then the prompt for the next day. And then go and visit other participants posts. It’s so much fun, believe me!!!!
Here is a summary with some more information:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 20” or #LoIsInDaBl20. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
Many bloggers schedule their posts which is why I have started to make a prompt list on my introductory post. This year’s prompt list looks like this:
*I hope I haven’t muddled any prompts up nor missed anyones post 😰
- Find a song about love in winter
- Find soul songs about love (Thanks Barbara)
- Find a love song about pets or for your pet (Thanks Paula)
- A love song for your first love
- A song about making love (Thanks Jim)
- A love song for, about or with weather in it (Thanks Barbara)
- Worst ever love song
- A Song about love that lasts (Thanks Jim)
- Find country songs about love (Thanks Barbara)
- A love song for your family in general (Thanks Paula)
- A love song from the year we were born
- A love song containing jewellery (Thanks Barbara)
- A love song for a parent (Thanks Di)
- On Valentine’s Day, it has to be about Cupid 🙂 (Thanks Jim)
- Find rock songs about love (Thanks Barbara)
- Find a song about love in spring
- Find a love song with or about sweets (Thanks Paula)
- Love that travels or a love song about travel (Thanks Barbara)
- Love song when we left school
- A love that hurts, a breakup or heartbreak (Thanks Jim)
- Find a song with love & flowers (Thanks Barbara)
- A love song from the year we started school
- A song about love in summer
- A love song that contains a location (Thanks Paula)
- Find a pop song about love (Thanks Barbara)
- A love song that charted in the Top 10 or better. (Thanks Jim)
- Find a song about love in autumn
- A love song that contains color (Thanks Barbara)
- On this extra February Day and as a good-by choose whichever love song you like
I am so excited and can’t wait to find out about your music choices. It will be awesome!!!!!
Ok, let’s start tomorrow with…
“Find a song about love in Winter“
I thought it would be a great idea to bring in the seasons throughout “Love Is In Da Blog 2020”. As we are still in winter we start with the winter theme and work ourselves through to Autumn.
Now my dear readers,
go, find music
and have lots of fun!!!!
Please head over to “Bee Wordless” and find my “Wordless Wednesday” posts. You can also find my posts about life, the universe and everything over at “The Bee Creates…“. Also, find poetry and links back to posts on “The Bee Writes…” over at Tumblr.