Hello everybody, how are you? I very much hope you and yours are well. And if not know, that my thoughts and prayers go out to you.
This post will be a little shorter as I need a bit of a break. I have been writing longer posts last week to keep all our spirits up but my arm and breast is suffering for it so I am giving it some well deserved rest. I hope you enjoy the music and a little info about the artist anyway. Thanks for your understanding.
Our travel around the world has lead us to Kazakstan and the artist I have chosen is Rapper Jah Khalib who was born in Almaty in the 1990s. The little research I could do showed me that he was on tour in Canada so maybe some of my readers know him already. I have never heard of him but I like the song “Leila” very much.
So here with no further ado the video. There are English subtitles in the video.
Please follow the link underneath the video to it’s YouTube location if it doesn’t play here on the blog.
To find out more about Khazakhstan please visit this video from the BBC Travel Show
Come Away With Me 2020 Musical Challenge Country for Monday 16th, 2020
I am taking a rather random route around the world but sometimes it makes sense. Next week we are going to visit Latvia. Find out about interesting musicians on the Last FM page for Mongolia.
As for the suggestions to take part:
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part. Or leave it at the “Come Away With Me 2020 FB page“
- Tag your post either with ” Come Away With Me Musical Challenge”/ #CoAwWiMeMuCh” / “Come Away with Me 2020 Musical Challenge” o/“CoAwWiMe2020MuCh” / . You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure. If you add #blog and #music with your hashtags it will get you more readers.
- No matter which music or country the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please. This is supposed to be a fun challenge and no chore.
- I post a prompt for the next week with every “Come Away With Me 2020 post” I write.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals Charity Boudicca Appeal
I would also like to encourage you to support the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals Charity’s Boudicca Appeal. They are fundraising 800 000£ to create a dedicated breast cancer unit. The hospital today sees almost double as many breast cancer patients than they did five years ago. That is an enormous rise and puts a lot of pressure on the current facilities and staff.
For me, that meant so far five journeys to Norwich within a month. That is between 35 and 45 minutes travel each way and the worry, not knowing what comes. On Thursday the 5th of March, we went again. We found out that my cancer needs an operation and probably radiotherapy. But I won’t know for sure until two weeks after the operation. While I am holding up well, it still puts a lot of pressure on my family and me.
They say on their page they want to build:” An enhanced environment. Purport-built, spacious waiting, diagnostic and treatment rooms. Counselling rooms for women with a breast cancer diagnosis.
Better experience for patients with fewer days of anxiety while patients wait for results.”
That would help a lot. According to the NHS, 1 in 8 women is diagnosed with breast cancer in their life time. So it is essential to create better facilities for breast cancer care. The staff I have met so far are doing an excellent job. They are so caring, being extremely effective and supportive. They do deserve a better work environment.
So please, if you can spare a little money hop over to their Just Giving Page and give as little or much as you can. Or share the page on your social media. Your support means a lot to me! Thank you very much.
Happy Monday to you all despite everything. May you stay safe and healthy!