This post was first posted in January 2012 and You Tube Tuesday does not exist anymore. Sorry!:

Originating at Its Tiger Time, You Tube Tuesday is a day set aside for sharing your favourite video. Feel free to join in and letโ€™s have fun seeing how creative us bloggers can be! Each month Josh will highlight a selected video and present the โ€œYou Tube Tuesdayโ€ Award. If you participate, please remember to leave your link in the Linky Tool that is available on his page.

I am a big fan of Virginia Woolf and have read a lot about her and of her books. “The Waves” is not one of my favourites as I really had trouble to understand but I love the style and the music Patti Smith chose to do the reading.

Thank for the video to via http://www.youtube.com

That is where revolutionary85 wrote: “for more information about the exhibition, where Patti Smith read this, visit:

http://fondation.cartier.com/ (there are now different exhibitions but it is still worth checking out)

that’s where I found the video, btw.”

17 thoughts on “Blast from the Past: You Tube Tuesday: Patti Smith reads Virginia Woolf “The Waves”

• phoenixrisesagain says:

Hi Alpana thanks for visiting am glad you liked it. I wanted to leave a comment on yours but somehow it did not work. Will have a look back later on.

• phoenixrisesagain says:

1. Daisy says:

This is so very cool, I truly enjoyed this one.Thank you for sharing this. This is straight up awesome in my opinion. I love the drama of her voice with the music and even her hands punctuating her words.

• phoenixrisesagain says:

thanks ~ yes I was so glad that I found it I think I also need to find some music of Patti Smith. Am glad you like it.

• phoenixrisesagain says:

You are welcome and nice to meet you too. Aw another Woolf Fan I think I need to read some more of her. Hope you have a great day

• phoenixrisesagain says: