Welcome back Ladies and Gentlemen, so glad you are still sharing such gorgeous songs and I hope you enjoy these last two days of Love Is In Da Blog. WOW, only one day more and March is here. Where is all that time gone?
I am asking myself the same when it comes to my music choice today. The film I want to feature is 1994’s “Four Weddings and a Funeral” which introduced me to a new English expression: It’s the F… word and that film is the reason why for many years I never realised how rude it is. Well, my bad ;-).
I loved it and saw it several times in the cinema. I was in my second year of studying social work and didn’t only love this comedy because it had great humour but also because they depicted deaf and gay characters. I am sure there have been films before which did that but I never saw a comedy that did it in such a loving way. If this “Love Is In Da Blog” would be about poetry I would choose to showcase Auden’s “Funeral Blues” which made me a life-long Auden fan (who would have known that I moved into an area where he went to school). But it is about music so it’s going to be “Chapel of Love” which is of course not Elton John’s song but I love his version in the film.
And I love the credits of the film where “Chapel of Love” is played and whenever I hear the song I think of all those couples who made it, in the end, may it be in reality or in fantasy ;-). That video probably makes no sense to anyone who hasn’t seen the film but hey, just enjoy the song then!!!!
Video Source: OldManAlex via YouTube
Credits: Written by Phil Spector, Jeff Barry, and Ellie Greenwich
Performed by Elton John
Produced by Steve Lindsey
Published by Mother Bertha Music, Inc.
By Arrangement with ABKCO Music, Inc.
And Carlin Music Corporation by arrangement with Trio Music, Inc.
LOVE IS IN DA BLOG MUSIC PROMPT FOR FEBRUARY 28th
The end is near, my dear fellow Love-Is-In-Da-Bloggers: only one more day to go and the prompt for that day is simply
Choose what you want!
You don’t even have to choose a song 😉 ! Please enjoy!!!
And to remind ourselves how to take part:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 19” or #LoIsInDaBl19. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
- Find the prompt list for the whole month here in this introduction post at the end
choose what you want
and have lots of fun