Welcome back Ladies and Gentlemen, can you believe it we are nearly at the end of our musical discovery of love. So today we are in for some musicals and the one I chose is “Jesus Christ Superstar”.
It is, of course, “I don’t know how to love him” and Yvonne Elliman’s version. I won’t make a long post today even though I could again go into the feminist topic. No, I only share with you a memory that’s connected with the song: I met the best husband (Jeremy Clarkson voice) in the world at the supermarket where we used to work. He worked in a different department than me but he had to walk along mine very often. I watched him walk by and wanted him so much but at the same time didn’t think it was a good idea to jump from one (not well going ) relationship to another.
So I watched him go by and sang to myself:
“I don’t know how to love him
What to do, how to move him
I’ve been changed yes really changed
In these past few days when I’ve seen myself
I seem like someone else
I don’t know how to take this
I don’t see why he moves me
He’s a man he’s just a man
And I’ve had so many men before
In very many ways he’s just one more…”
Now, don’t get me wrong: I didn’t have many men before him but the questions were the same: How do I get my head around what I feel for him which I never felt for any other man and at that point, I didn’t know if he was into me too. He was a man just a man … in very many ways he’s just one more… would he treat me badly too or ignored my realities of abuse? Is he just another one of those…
It was a very emotional time but in the end, it worked out well. We both had to do some emotional work to get our relationship working but it will be nine years this year that we are together and I can honestly say he is not just one more 🙂 !
Video Source: Yvonne Elliman via YouTube
Hope you enjoy it!
LOVE IS IN DA BLOG MUSIC PROMPT FOR FEBRUARY 27th
Music and film are intrinsically connected since silent movies are gone for good. And even then there was an organ playing to make the film work better. And there are glorious love movies out there. That is why tomorrows prompt is:
My Favourite Love Song from a Film
And if you don’t like this one please feel free to choose any love song that floats your ears
And to remind ourselves how to take part:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 19” or #LoIsInDaBl19. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
- Find the prompt list for the whole month here in this introduction post at the end
share A Favourite Love Song
from a film
and have lots of fun