Welcome back Ladies and Gentlemen, we are not only travelling in time but also in space with “Love Is In Da Blog”. Today we are inspired to share our favourite love song in a foreign language and while I thought yesterday I would choose a Swedish one I haven’t in the end. I figured all the Swedish artists and their songs I like are in English but I have a current Icelandic love song that just makes me sigh.
It is Kaleo’s “Vor í Vaglaskógi” which means “Spring in Vagla Wood”. I could not find out much more about the song besides that is is an Icelandic love song from the 1960s and so I just give it to you today without much explanation. Please switch on the subtitles for the English translation. Find out more about Kaleo here and an interview with the band here.
Video credit and source: Kaleo via YouTube
LOVE IS IN DA BLOG MUSIC PROMPT FOR FEBRUARY 25th
Do you feel I am a little all over the place with my prompts? I feel like it but I also feel its fun this way. So tomorrow we choose:
My favourite Love Song from an Opera
Of course, choose another genre if you are not into opera. Love is free and so is “Love Is In Da Blog”
And to remind ourselves how to take part:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 19” or #LoIsInDaBl19. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
- Find the prompt list for the whole month here in this introduction post at the end
share A Favourite Love Song
from an opera
and have lots of fun