Ladies and Gentlemen welcome back to “Love Is In Da Blog 2019”! I hope you had some fun so far with my prompts but also took the freedom to choose a different approach if the prompts didn’t float your boat. You are free to do so!
I want to mention LightmotifsII, A Unique Title to me, TeleportingWeena and Janet’s Smile who are taking part and sharing so many beautiful songs. Thanks, fellow bloggers for making this event worthwhile! And if I missed someone, sorry. Please let me know and I add you 🙂 .
Yesterday, I suggested that this year’s “Love Is In Da Blog” is a thing of extremes but pondering the topic I decided a little balance wouldn’t be too bad. So for the next couple of days, we are going on a time journey. We are going to have a look at love songs in different decades. What do you think of that?
But first, let’s have a look at the children’s songs. I have to admit that I do not know many English children’s songs. The only one that always comes to mind is “You Are My Sunshine”. I used to watch Will Smith in “Fresh Prince of Bel-air” and enjoyed the scene a lot when he had to perform this song with some youngsters to be able to get through his exams. It’s one of the most hilarious sitcom episodes I can think of.
We often think of our children but also our loved ones in general as our rays of sunshine and I believe that is why this song is well loved. Thinking of it it might also be well hated because it pops up everywhere. Well, that’s
tough not possible to change 😉
So here is Will Smith with his version of “You Are My Sunshine”
Video Source: Haydn Buchanan via YouTube (I have no rights to the video, songs or anything!)
Love Is In Da Blog Music Prompt for February 7th
Ok, let’s time travel a hundred years ago for tomorrow.
I challenge you to chose a love song that was popular between 1919 and 1928.
I hope I never cease to amaze you 😉
And to remind ourselves how to take part:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 19” or #LoIsInDaBl19. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope its not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
- Find the prompt list for the whole month here in this introduction post at the end
share a love song
from a hundred years ago
and have lots of fun