I published this one on my old blog in March for the first time so if I nominated you then and you already have done your post don’t worry about doing it again :-). But if you like to do it again: I come and visit your blog anyway :-)!
The lovely lady over at “What if we all Cared” has kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award a couple of weeks ago. I forgot all about it with all that’s going on around here but better late than never as they say.
So firstly: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the nomination, “whatifweallcared”!!!!! It is much appreciated.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which the Rules are simple as follows:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Ah, I give up on the counting ;-). Here are my answers though:
1. Where were you born?
I was born in Germany, in a little village in the south called Steinheim. Now there are supposedly 7 Steinheim’s which literally translated means “Stonehome” but the one I hail from is also am Albuch. I am not quite sure but I think that means “at the Beech forest” and there was certainly lots of forest and beeches there. One of my favourite trees by the way.
2. What has been your favorite pet and why?
Our rescue greyhound Shirky, because she is quirky, stubborn, runs like the wind and is just adorable!
3. Do you work . . if so, where (being a full-time mommy counts as work btw)?
I am in work for another day and then actively looking for a new job
4. If you could go exploring anywhere where would that be?
Exploring? Hmmm, good question. If I could go to Narnia or Middle Earth I’d be rather happy to explore but as I can’t I think Norway, New Zealand and Iceland would do 😉
5. Your biggest regret?
I have none. Regrets are useless and keep us from moving forward.
6. How many siblings do you have? What are your thoughts on that number?
I have one brilliant little brother who isn’t so little anymore ;-). He used to be the number one in the family but I don’t think he enjoyed it.
7. What decade do you really belong in?
My theory is I should have been born ten years earlier and in the UK. Ten years earlier would have been 1960 :-).
8. Would you rather live in the Arctic or Antarctic Circle?
Arctic (maybe I could find the golden compass 😉 )
9. What is your favorite artistic medium?
Definitely my blog. Does that count? If not photography.
10. Camping or hotels?
Camping no question!
11. Favourite school subject?
It would be better to ask me my least favourite which was maths and sports. I loved English, German, history, biology, Chemistry, physics, art, music. Not sure we had anything else. Oh, Social science…
Now comes the nominating bit. Well, I know many bloggers do not do Awards anymore and shortly I have pondered not to nominate anyone. But I’ve decided it is nice to be chosen. Also leaving the taking part open usually doesn’t encourage anyone to actually take part. That is why I will nominate and leave it to the individual blogger to decide if they want to take part. But please go and visit them anyway because all of them do a gorgeous job!
- A Tangle of Weeds
- Cookies & Moo
- Frog ‘N Yankee
- I didn’t have my glasses on…
- J’Dubs Grin & Bear it
- My Inner Mishmash
- On Dragonflywings with Buttercup Tea
- Wildflower Women
And last but not least my 11 questions. Exciting!
- Where do you blog from?
- What is your motto (for life, your blog, your work… whichever you choose)?
- What is your favourite blog post (yes please choose your own 🙂 )?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favourite foreign recipe?
- What is your favourite animation (sorry I have a thing for animations at the moment and need some input 😉 )
- And as we are on it: What is your favourite movie?
- If you had the power to change the world, what would you change?
- Tell us three of your strengths!
- Tell us your preferred way of pampering yourself!
- Tell us 11 places you would like to go to!
Thank you very much in advance to all who like to take part. I am looking forward to reading your posts!