We remember in our poetic way and @FrauPaulchen wrote this prompt:
(You can find her German post here)
8. may 45 and 8. may 15. Between both days lay 70 years but there is no forgetting but remembering, commemoration and hopefully protesting. i thought a lot about which prompt i could use. I did not want an average prompt for this day but i also did not want to use something that could have felt as forced upon us.
that is why the prompt for the #frapalymo poem on 8. may is: “silence”. silence is not “not saying anything”. Silence is not loneliness. Silence is power without being overpowered or being without power. Whichever silence you want to lay in your poem, i will read them quietly and will listen to its echo inside of me.
and the small print: please let me know via email or Twitter, if you take part. then i can post the link to your blog/poem on Twitter. or post the link in the comments under the daily prompt post on my blog. hashtag for Twitter is #frapalymo and I am @FrauPaulchen
Suggestions for taking part in the English version of #frapalymo
1. read translation of @FrauPaulchen’s prompt here on Bee’s blog
2. write your English (German if you can/want to) poem on your blog and tag it with “English #frapalymo”
3. use the “English #frapalymo” picture if you want to
4. set a link to the translated prompt here on Bee’s blog
5. visit other links posted here and if you want to/can those posted with the hashtag #fapalymo on Twitter
6. The Bee will post your link to the German #frapalymo and translate for you if you want to
It already has become a multi-country/language project! Thanks!!!!!
Please head over to Helen Espinosa to find English #frapalymo poems.
This poem does not have a title but when I wrote it, it felt like a poem I have written some years ago should accompany it:
War or not ~ that is the question
Do you really NOT want war?
If you do NOT want war ~ don’t do war
If you do NOT want war ~ don’t teach war
If you do NOT want war ~ don’t talk war
If you do NOT want war ~ don’t think war.
DO you really NOT want war?