Wow, how many brilliant poems for this May’s #frapalymo both in German and English. That was a delight to read and share.
And today will be even more interesting as her prompt is coupled with tomorrow’s prompt. But I let @FrauPaulchen explain:
(This is my translation of @FrauPaulchen’s original post here)
what an awesome start for #frapalymo in may – thank you so much for those word-forces! so beautiful and so beautifully different! it goes on lively and busy on the second day.
the prompt for the poem on May 2. is: “write a poem about the city”. which city it will be, if metropolis, big or small city, which quarter, streets or single characteristics it will be is as always entirely up to you. by the way this is part 1 of a “couple prompt”. on day 3 we will write poetry about the countryside – just in case some of you want to write the poems directly as pairs. you may and can but do not have to. it’s entirely up to you.
and the small print: please let me know via email or Twitter, if you take part. then i can post the link to your blog/poem on Twitter. or post the link in the comments under the daily prompt post on my blog. hashtag for Twitter is #frapalymo and I am @FrauPaulchen.
Ok, for clarification: rules for taking part in the English version of #frapalymo
1. read translation of @FrauPaulchen’s prompt here on Bee’s blog
2. write your English (German if you can/want to) poem on your blog and tag it with “English #frapalymo”
3. use the “English #frapalymo” picture
4. set a link to the translated prompt here on Bee’s blog
5. visit other links posted here and if you want to/can those posted with the hashtag #fapalymo on Twitter
6. The Bee will post your link to the German #frapalymo and translate for you if you want to
It already has become a multi-country/language project! Thanks!!!!!
And my poem for today is this: