Linda went kind of French with this week’s prompt for SoCS. If you want to know what it is exactly and find more great posts in the comments, please have a look here.
It is nice to just mutter along sometimes. Lately, I have started to mutter to myself in several languages just to keep my mind occupied and repeat what I have learned. I know now that I am not a “meisje” anymore and I love the sound of the word “manzana”. I also like “toujours” :-). Was thinking about one of those pages which give you a “mot du jour” but that might take it a little too far.
After adjourning from SoCS for a while I am back on this wonderful Stream of Consciousness journey and sometimes think this prompt and meme is a little like a journal. It can get very private and is often very touching to read. I wanted to become a journalist when I was younger. Maybe I should have gone that way but I believed I wouldn’t like the working hours. I preferred regularity.
Life though is a funny thing and strangely I have always worked flexible shift work which isn’t regular at all. I babble a little today, don’t I? Never mind. Maybe I need a little sojourn to a beautiful island with a lonely beach, a pina colada in my hands and the husband beside me.
Well, if only I wouldn’t need to fly for that. But what am I talking about? I am on an island. There are lonely beaches around here. I am sure I can manage to get a pina colada somewhere and the husband doesn’t need to work all the time. So long guys and gals and thanks for the prompt ;-).
I am off to find my happiness du jour ;-).
Meisje (Dutch) = girl
Manzana (Spanish) = apple
Jour (French) = day
toujours (French) = always
This post takes part in Linda G Hill’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday and here are the rules:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!